Monday, January 12, 2009

Shoes

Now I'm not talking about that lame YouTube video, I'm talking legitimate footwear. Something that's got some true use...protective, functional, comfortable, good looking. I've had some sneaks that were all four of the latter. (At least in my opinion. I know there are always naysayers.) Regardless, once one or more of those elements start to slip then its time to start thinking retirement. Now I've had such a pair of recently retired shoes, which has lead to these thoughts and coincidentally it was right around the New Year. Made me reflect on my travels, experiences and direction I've taken with these kicks. Did I make the good choice? Steer my ship in the right direction? Step on the right stone? Was I or am I able to take my journey and apply it so I can continue down the proper path? Maybe, maybe not. Will one ever know? But I do know that the journey is the reward. Thanks for helping me put one foot in front of the other...

"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter the road is life." - Jack Kerouac

No comments: