Monday, May 18, 2009

How I Fall

The rain seemed to insistently keep coming through the Mt. Hood region. Down days filled with whatever you could occupy yourself with...such as a major city that isn't too far away. But on this particular day I didn't retreat to a more crowded social environment, I instead jumped in with Ike and Taylor to learn a bit about killing trees. Now, I've got a bit of the hippie bug in my blood, but I've got some curiosity in there too. I always enjoy learning a new skill or trade and logging is something I've hardly had any experience with.
Now this particular tree wasn't any sort of behemoth, but it was close enough to the house to make it a little more tricky. It was a nice little learning fella. Got some knowledge of chain saw technique, cutting technique, controlled falling methods and a bit more.
With death comes life.
That thing is intimidating. Woah.

No comments: